Friday 2 August 2013

The girls birthday cakes, mmm... chocolate...

Well I know it has been a long time, (actually a very long time, their birthday was in March!) but we just recently were invited to another set of twins birthday party (there seem to be an awful lot of twins around here! there must be something in the water!). Anyhow I was asked if I will give the recipe for my the cakes I made for my girls!, it is kind of very sweet to be asked for a recipe, I am not the best baker, I prefer cooking food but with kids in the house there seem to be an awful more baking going on!.

On the birthday I posted some pictures on facebook here are the original pictures. This cake is Eva's, it is a dark and white chocolate cake with with blueberries


arandanos double chocolate

And Alba's was a chocolate and strawberries cake

fresas

I used a super sweet heart shape silicone mold from Ikea, which I LOVE because I am not that good at greasing the cake tin, and it gets all stuck in and it is a mess, and why oh why did I think I could bake the girls cakes?... 

Anyway the cakes were basically the same mixture of ingredients, (see below) I made a chocolate ganache for both and then I melted white chocolate and make some heart shapes and basically kind of doodles really, same with a a bit of milk chocolate for the strawberries one. With the fruit was really easy, some blueberries got an icing sugar bath some didn't the strawberries all got cut in quarters!

I hope you enjoy it!

INGREDIENTS:

125g (4 1/2 oz) unsalted butter at room temperature
175g (6 oz) golden caster sugar
4 large eggs
250g (9 oz) self raising sifted flour
50g (1 3/4 oz) cocoa powder
50g (1 3/4 oz) dark chocolate, (I kind of split half and half with white chocolate for the blueberries one)
50g (1 3/4 oz) blueberries, (For the strawberries cake I put some raisins in, Alba loves them!)
150ml (5fl oz) milk
some icing sugar for the blueberries
some extra melted chocolate for the decorations, about 20g of each.

MAKING THESE LOVELIES:

PREHEAT the oven at 180C (350F/Gas4)
BEAT the butter and sugar until starts crying (or becomes pale in colour whatever happens first) 
BEAT the eggs and add them little by little with some flour, till you finished the flour
FOLD the cocoa
CHOP the chocolate, in it goes along with the fruit
ADD the milk and...
POUR the mixture in the mold
BAKE for 30 minutes or until it goes Oih! when you try to squeeze the top
LET cool down for a few minutes and out of the mold it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...